Liquid deicer has many benefits that make it a better solution for most commercial sites.
- Liquids work faster
- Liquids work to colder temperatures
- They are less corrosive
- They are better for the environment
- They don't track into your building the way traditional rock salt does
The use of liquids allows site managers and property owners the best of both worlds. Because liquids work faster and to lower temperatures, they can be sure that they're property is going to be as safe as possible while decreasing the damage to their facility and the impact on the environment.
- 1,000 to 1,500 lbs of rock salt is used to treat 1 acre of plowable surface.
- Independent research has determined that rock salt causes between $800-$2300 dollars worth of damage per ton applied to a site over time.
- The excess salt that is applied to plowable surfaces ends up in Minnesota's lakes, rivers and streams causing significant damage to wild life and local economies.
- Liquids reduce the actual chloride distribution on a property by almost 80%.
- The ability to pretreat properties with liquids is another great advantage. Independent research shows that pretreating a property with liquids can reduce slips and falls by as much as 50%.